Kim Le is the co-founder of Terramino Foods (now primeroots), first conceived of the idea to use fungi to create a meat replacement for salmon in the Sutardja Center for Entrepreneurship and Technology’s Alt.Meat Challenge Lab. She has been working in management within the food industry for over ten years and is determined to bring delicious, and nutritious foods to increase accessibility and equity in our food system. Tune into today’s episode to learn how Kim’s journey of healthy food production went!
James Bello is the Co-Founder of Shameless Pets works to reduce the environmental impact of pet food through nutritional upcycled treats made with lobster shells and meat; egg shells, blueberry pulp, apples, and more.
Tune into today’s episode to find out the exciting inventions done by Shameless Pets to reimagine food for our furry friends.
Farmer’s Fridge CEO & Founder Luke Saunders is creating a connected network of vending machines offering fresh & healthy meals, shares insights on creating a restaurant-like experience, solving food-supply chain issues, and capitalizing on grassroots marketing .
Farmer’s Fridge has been included as a TIME Top 100 Invention in 2019.
Tune into today’s episode to learn about the journey Luke Saunders went through when he founded Farmer’s fridge.
- 00:01:46 Introduction of Luke Saunders
- 00:06:07 Advise he would give to his younger self
- 00:07:44 Start of his career
- 00:11:58 Forming Farmer’s Fridge
- 00:19:16 Funding Farmer’s Fridge
- 00:22:35 His team
- 00:25:32 Journey towards being a CEO and Founder
- 00:31:54 Challenges faced during the journey
- 00:33:55 Finding the right person for the right job
- 00:41:37 Lessons learnt through the journey
- 00:46:58 End of discussion
Professor Matt Abrahams is a lecturer of Organizational Behaviour at Stanford Graduate School of Business, and the Co-Founder of Bold Echo LLC, a company which is well experienced in coaching Silicon Valley executives and business professionals. Tune into today’s episode to learn on how the Rising star of the Management communication Association overcame anxiety, and walk through his journey of success with us!
- 00:01:03 Introduction of Prof Matt Abrahams
- 00:05:47 Speaking up without freaking out
- 00:07:36 Why is he so passionate about communication?
- 00:11:12 Advice for students who are anxious about communication
- 00:14:44 Changing the frame of looking at things
- 00:19:33 Founding Bold Echo
- 00:22:16 Anxiety and one’s functionality
- 00:26:48 Advice for the listeners regarding communication
- 00:28:27 End of discussion
Troy Henikoff is a Managing director of the venture capital firm, MATH Venture Partners and also a board member of many organizations such as JioBit, Retrium, EatStreet, CardFlight, Chicagoland Entrepreneurial Center, and has also been a founder, founding member, or CEO of several notable companies such as SurePayroll, Onewed.com, Jellyvision and many others Tune into today’s episode to be a part of this entrepreneur turned VC life and experience.
- 00:00:50 Introduction of Troy Henikoff
- 00:05:35 Advise he would give to his young self
- 00:10:04 Founding MATH Venture Partners
- 00:14:22 Building relationships with clients of SurePayroll
- 00:16:13 Projecting what to spend on
- 00:19:07 Estimating the costs of running a company
- 00:21:54 Going in the right direction
- 00:29:44 His approach to KPIs
- 00:33:26 Advise he would give his younger self
- 00:34:56 Pain points in funding these companies
- 00:39:50 Qualifying for fair advantage
- 00:48:25 End of discussion
Sashee Chandran is the founder and CEO of a multi-million dollar company that creates organic, bagless teas. Tea Drops can be found in over 1,500 retail stores nationwide, has been featured on Good Morning America and Oprah Magazine as well as loved by female leaders like Chrissy Teigen, Tory Burch, and Michelle Obama. Join us on today’s episode to learn how Sashee founded Tea Drops, and her inspiration behind it.