As Marine Biologist turned Entrepreneur, Brianne Miller aims to achieve zero waste, connect people to the environment and to come up with cool and creative solutions to complex conservation problems. She is the co-founder of NADA, Vancouver’s package free grocery store, which links buyers to suppliers and offers healthy local and unpackaged products.
Tune into today’s episode to learn more about Brianne’s experiences that lead to the success story of NADA.
- 00:00:59 Introduction of Brianne Miller
- 00:05:36 How NADA evolved
- 00:06:09 Direct and indirect human impacts on the ocean and marine animals
- 00:09:37 Journey through building the business, its business practices, etc.
- 00:10:44 3Rs and how NADA lives up to its values
- 00:20:18 How Covid has impacted the business processes of NADA
- 00:21:51 Challenges she has faced
- 00:25:00 How NADA inspired other businesses
- 00:34:19 Changes she wants to bring about to achieve sustainability goals
- 00:39:29 Advices on how we can contribute towards achieving sustainability
- 00:42:37 End of discussion